Stuffed Grapeleaves -- Dolmas
- 1 jar of grapeleaves ( you can buy this at any Mediterrean store)
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice and lemon zest
- 1 cup of cooked white or brown rice
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- Combine ground beef, rice, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion
- Make an assembly line and place pinch size amount of the mixture on grapeleaves
- Roll each side and then the bottom, like a burrito roll and place in a greased pot
- Once the bottom is fully covered with rolled grapeleaves, layer the top with grapeleaf pieces and begin the 2nd tier of rolled grapeleaves.
- Place a small plate on the very top of the pot for weight and to keep the dolmas in place
- Slowly pour chicken stock and simmer partial closed lid for 1 hour in medium heat
- Serve hot or cold, either way it's tasty!