Nothing like a combination of garlic and lime to tease the tastebuds. Shrimp is one of my favorite seafood items!
- 1 pound of medium size shrimp
- 3 tbsp of chopped garlic
- onion powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- a sprinkle of pepper flakes (if you like it spicier add more)
- 1/2 of tamato sliced
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh spinach
- lime zest from 1 whole lime
- 2 tbsp lime juice from the same lime
- Hold the base of the shrimp and make a partial cut to reveal the veins. Don't make the cut all the way just enough to take the veins out.
- If you have a lot of shrimp to work with, makes the cuts first and clean them all together instead of individually.
- Once all the shrimps are cleaned, add in the garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Add in lime juice and lime zest
- In a hot pan sautee the shrimp with olive oil for 5 minutes
- Don't overcook the shrimp. Turn off the heat
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach, add in tomatoes
- Mix cooked shrimp with chopped baby spinach and add in 1 tbsp of mayonaise.
- Put in a sourdough bread or any type of bread
- Top with black sesame seeds and serve